a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

new SunCat owner in NH

Started by kevnh, December 18, 2014, 09:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L.

Hi Kevin. We are relatively new Sun Cat owners 15 months and sail the Florida ICW both east and west coast and the larger lakes in central Florida. We live right in the middle of the state so it's a 1 hour drive to either coast. Lake Harris and the Chain of lakes is in our back yard, Lake George and the springs also near by. You might want to look into meeting up with the WCTSS  West Coast Trailer Sailor Squadron. It's an informal group that meet once or twice a month usually somewhere in Florida to sail together. Google the web sit and you can learn more and see some pictures of the areas we sail. The Founder Ron Hoddinott was recently published in Sail Magazine with a piece on beach sailing. We commonly use some of the spoil islands that have developed into larger island. Some have nice protected beaches.

The Sun Cat is a very cool boat so easy to trail. We love the ability to get to far off destinations in a few hours and then sail in different areas some with really skinny water which Florida has a lot of particularly the West Coast. Our boat is a 2001 Sun Cat "Gatito".

I am sure you will love your new craft.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

Peter Dubé

Sunapee, NH and Vero beach , FL.  The two best places on earth!
Compac Sun Cat
s/v Sun Daze
Vero Beach  FL

nicktulloh

Quote from: patfurr on December 07, 2015, 11:04:36 AM
Nick,
I graduated Burlington High in Vermont in '73.  I remember traveling to the Dartmouth ski Jump my freshman year for an Easterns Ski meet.  What a trip!  I was more intimidated climbing up the frozen over treads than actually pushing off from the top of the in-run.  Do you know any of the Guest family from Hanover?  I jumped against Peter and Long, and Greg married my sister.  Let's plan on staying in touch thorough the winter and we can possibly plan a rondy on one of NH's lakes.  You in Kev?
Pat

I think Peter was a year behind me in high school. We lived right across  Lyme Rd from the ski jump. We made use of it and the rest of the golf course in the summer for all the things delinquents do. Sorry to see it gone the last time I was up there.