a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 25 Performance

Started by Ken G, April 25, 2006, 02:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken G

I'm considering purchasing a Com-Pac 25, if I can find one, and need to know more about performance. She seems to fit most of my live aboard requirements and I love the style. But I do not know anything about her sailing performance and I've found little information in the form of reviews or owner tetimonials. In fact, there is little communication from owners and that is not good when prospecting for a boat.

A friend of mine stated that he sailed along several Com-Pac 25's and he said they don't seem to point or track well and seem sluggish. He further said they just go along and don't seem like much fun.

I currently sail a Paceship 26 that has a similar keel design. Although, the Paceship also has a 6' centerboard which increases stability, pointing and tracking significantly.

If you are an owner, I would appreciate your unbiased input about performance. How does she track and point compared with other boats? What types of wind have you sailed in and how does she handle in heavy wind? Does she respond well? Is she slow when compared to other boats? What do you dislike and like about the boat?

Thanks,

Ken
kgelao@ibtechs.com

len100

Hi Ken,

I love my Com Pac 25.  Here is an honest review of her sailing performance:

1.  Handles strong wind very well
2.  A bit sluggish in light winds
3.  An exciting sail in moderate to strong winds
4.  Points decently when one considers the keel configuration and small main

I really recommend this boat if you enjoy cruising and spending time on your boat.  If you are into true performance boats (e.g. J-boats etc) you may look at others boats.

Once again I love my Com Pac 25, she is perfect for the type of sailing I do.

Craig Weis

Went to the Chicago All Sail Show at Navy Pier.
The 'boys' from Hunter Boat were over heard talking about the CP-25 while the three of them toured that boat..., "Wow this is a nice boat!.", "A lot more for the money.", "Look at that!".
OK so they liked this CP-25. So did I.
It sails fine. For what it is. A comfortable, dry boat that snuggles down at the end of a day in cove and brings you peace. skip.