a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Seeking a Compac 16 or 16-2

Started by Nezz, July 31, 2015, 08:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nezz

I am brand new to your forum and I think it is great.  I am searching for a Compac 16 or 16-2 in the Minnesota area.  I have located a couple within Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin on Craig's List, but have had a tough time getting the sellers to respond back.  A seller in Iowa has been very communicative and I hope to make the 4 hour trip to see his boat. I am excited about purchasing a Compac 16. I have owned a Catalina 22, Montgomery 17, Montgomery 15, Holder 14 and an O'Day Odyssey.  This should be my last boat purchase and I want it to be a good one.

Bob Nesbitt
Bass Lake
Annandale, MN
Nezz

ChuckO

Hang in there and don't give up ...  All things good come to those who have patience.

ChuckO'

Nezz

I enjoy the hunt, Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Nesbitt
Nezz

NateD

What didn't you like about the M17? I haven't owned one (yet), but the cockpit and interior is significantly larger and more comfortable than the CP16, and the performance is better. Longer setup time at the ramp, so I can understand going for something simpler if you only day sail.

Nezz

The Montgomery 17 is a great boat and I wish I had it back.  Mine was a abandoned neglected boat that sat in a marina on Lake Waconia for 5 years. I was a younger man and thought my repair skills were better than they turned out to be.  I spent alot of time fixing and not much time sailing.  Overall, a poor purchase on my part. I got it cleaned up and refitted and sold it.  The other problem was location. I am on a small Minnesota lake and the Monty 17 excells on big water.  The rudder is a big solid piece of wood and mine did not kick up until a modification was made. 
Nezz

Cwagne

Saw this one on Minneapolis Craigslist that looked pretty good.  Bought the one in Durango because it was a little closer.  you have to jump all over it.  I had three people behind me that told the seller they were prepared to come and get it.  I was just faster!
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/5114714376.html