a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

good used sails for 27

Started by bobG, June 02, 2014, 10:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobG

I have an extra set of sails for my CP 27. I think they are original (1988) but in good shape. The main is better than the jib (110) but both have some life left. They were made by Johnson. Does anybody need sails? If anyone has interest, I can go over the specifics.

MomentSurf

I'm definitely interested!  Especially in the main.  I'm trying to breath some life into an 86 that has been sitting for about 6 years.

Is the jib set up for furling?

Thanks,
Ralph

bobG

Yes, the jib is setup for a schaefer CF700 snap furl. I would recommend the Schaefer furler. It is a huge improvement over the CDI. Where are you located?

MomentSurf

I'm in Nyack, NY.

How much you looking to get for the pair?

Thanks.

bobG

assuming that you pay the freight, how does $500 sound? Or, make me an offer. I can tell you my new sails were made by Doyle and cost about $2200.

MomentSurf

How about $200 for just the Main (I don't belive the jib will fit).

bobG

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I could sell you the main & Jib for $350. I would like to get them out of my garage and into the hands of someone who needs them. The jib bolt rope can easily be changed by the sailmaker if it is the wrong size for your furler, so the jib might prove valuable.

MomentSurf

Bob - I'll take em! 

Give me a call
845-406-8648
Ralph

MomentSurf

Bob - Are these still available!?