a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

used Sun-Cats along northern Gulf of Mexico coast

Started by ghsfusioneer, May 19, 2015, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghsfusioneer

What's the best way to find a used Sun-Cat along the central northern Gulf of Mexico? I owned a Catalina 22 for years, but found raising the mast too hard and it took too much effort and money to keep it in the water - so I sold it.  A Sun-Cat looks just right for an old man.  Any help in locating one in the New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola area would be appreciated.
Ghsfusioneer

capt_nemo

My 2010 Sun Cat is for sale down here in SW Florida.

Check the Classifieds for a 2010 Sun Cat named "Frisky". You'll be glad you did.

capt_nemo

rogerschwake

Sorry to let you know that I bought my SunCat in Lafayette,  but that was three years ago, and brought it home to Iowa. Keep looking and one will show up. I've seen them for sale all over the US and some times it's worth a drive to get what you want. I'm retired and have to trailer at least fifty miles for a lake to sail on and the SunCat is the perfect boat for me. I do a lot of single hand sailing and have all lines lead aft and a autopilot that all work good for me. The boat works fine for camping out for a few nights for one person or two that get along . A good test of friendship. Good luck on finding a SunCat, I think you will love it once you find one.

ROGER