a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Tiller Clutch

Started by Southold, April 07, 2015, 05:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southold

Any advice on installing a tiller clutch in a Sunday Cat.  If I get one, I would like to set up so the control lines don't interfere with the seating at the stern of the boat.

Thanks

Shawn

On my 23 I tied the control line to the rear stanchions and led the line to the tillerlock from there. I didn't put the lock very far up the tiller. The line was out of the way for seating and the lock worked well.

Tillerlock by Cansail.

http://www.cansail.com

Shawn

Tom L.

I also have the cansail tiller lock. I have a length of relatively heavy shock cord that is hooked to the boom gallows uprights on my Sun Cat. It can be slipped out of the tiller lock and is not in the cockpit at all when not in use. It stretches between the uprights.
Sorry I don't have a pic.

Tom L
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

cdflan

I installed a Tiller Clutch by Wave Front and tied the control line to the gallows stanchion.  Mounted it forward on the tiller so that I only have to drop a finger without moving hand to operate the lever.  Could be mounted further aft but would require sliding hand back to operate.
Very happy with the quality and performance.