a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Swinging Galley Stove

Started by hoddinr, February 13, 2015, 07:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

The whole liner!! Why? Got to know! ????
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

capt_nemo

Guys,

Noth'in strange about removing the whole liner in the cabin.

When "Frisky" was brought home brand NEW I removed every piece of wood inside the cabin to include bulkheads and "ceiling" (side) panel liners to apply protective seal coatings on both sides that are seen and those unseen. Epoxy for unseen surfaces and Sikkens Cetol Light for seen surfaces.

Really has helped to preserve all the wood like "NEW" and keep damaging moisture out for the last 5 years.

capt_nemo

BruceW

That sounds like the old elephant charm, capt nemo!

Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

reedtg3

Liner?  Come on, Tom, do tell.  We are all imagining different things.  Hopefully, this will not result in proceedings under the Baker Act.
Tom/Cattail/Suncat 377

Tom L.

Removing the liner is very easy. On this Older Sun Cat the liner was pres-board coated with a vinyl like finish and then had accent teak strips attached horizontally. The boat was neglected (not abused) and had water stains and some damage to the pres-board from window and a chain plate leaks. Very ugly but easy to replace.

I removed sanded and will varnish the teak strips and trim boards before reattaching to a new liner. The liner is going to be a textured plastic sheet available at HD. That sheet will be indestructible and very easy to clean.  Basically the liner simply wedges into place between the overhead and bench mechanically screwed in place along the bottom. I am not going to reuse the screws, too close to going through the hull. I will try something else.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

reedtg3

Thanks.  It appears that only I was imagining the overhead liner, which would explain my reference to the Baker Act.  Carry on!
Tom

atrometer

Quote from: hoddinr on February 17, 2015, 03:06:04 PM
That's a great idea!  Flat and storable.  And you used one before, and have tested it.  Can't wait to see it!

Ron

Neither GIMBAL BUT  they work well.

Lightweight Large Burner Classic Camping and Backpacking Stove. For iso-Butane/Propane Canisters  Comes in a zipper pouch folded up, screws on propane tank works well

Esbit 5-Piece Trekking Cook Set Includes Brass Alcohol Burner Stove and 2 Anodized Aluminum Pots   This uses alcohol or solid fuel - stove can use either, lightweight easy to pack/carry, uses little room  COOL

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

hoddinr

That's a very well done copy of the fore spar mini-galley.  Looks like it's on a Core Sound 20.

Ron