a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Five SunCats at WCTSS Cayo Costa event

Started by hoddinr, March 23, 2015, 09:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddinr

There were five SunCats, one Legacy, and one CP16 at the West Coast Trailer Sailing Spring Rendezvous in Pelican Bay at Cayo Costa State Park!
It was great seeing so many in one place!  I got some great ideas for future projects on Nomad, my SunCat.

26 or 27 (I lost count on Sunday) total boats showed up to help us celebrate the coming of springtime sailing on the west coast of Florida.

SunCat owners were: Alan Radel, Billy VanDeusen, Ron Hoddinott, Mary & Bill Cyzewski, and Jack Dirks
Legacy Owner was Mike Keough.
C-16 owners were: Paul & Joyce Myers

ComPac yachts were represented better than any other manufacturer!

Let me again invite all ComPac owners who can trailer their boats to attend our events. Especially the SunCats!

Ron Hoddinott

Tom L.

Should have been Six. We had to bail on Tuesday before the Cayo-Costa cruise. Kidney Stone attack. I think there are two more cruises this year at Crystal River and Cedar Key. Is it suitable for the Sun Cat? Are there any overnight anchorages? I looked at the past years and it looks like mostly beach launching for really small day sailors.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

hoddinr

How's Barb?  Better, I hope!

Sarasota - you can launch at the Sailing Squadron.

At Crystal River you can launch across the river at the launch and sail/power over to the State Park basin, Tom.  Then stay there.  Best to get a slip early though.. maybe Thursday? That's what I'm planning to do.
Fort Island Trail boat ramp on Fort Island Trail Road.

You can launch and sail at Cedar Key too.  Use the inside ramp.

Ron

hoddinr

Here's a link to the photos from the West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron's trip to Cayo Costa on Florida's west coast.

http://ftp.ij.net/wctss/wctss/photos128.html

No, they're not ALL ComPacs.  But there were more ComPac than any other make of fiberglass sailboats.

Ron

atrometer

Love them there pictures!  Just keep 'em comin'.