Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Genoa (155%) for CP16/3

Started by carry-on, December 27, 2014, 08:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carry-on

In the market for a 155% hank-on Genoa.
Looked at Super Sailmakers site. Two 155% sails listed, one is $288 the other is $377; same 3.9 ounce material. A third Genoa is listed as 62 sf. but not a percentage also 3.9.. price $482. Our site lists the 16/3 Genoa as 65 sf.
Super Sailmakers is closed until January 5th. Wondering if you members have any info/dimensions for the various priced Genoas.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

JBC

Carry-on, you've discovered something that does need clearing up with Super Sailmakers.  I don't think their page showing CP16 sails is accurate.  For one thing, the descriptions for some genoas is identical, even when the prices are not.  Also, they show no roller furler genoas for the CP16 II/III, which I find odd.

If you call them, perhaps you can enlighten us on what you find.  I'm not in the market for a sail, or I would.

Jett

carry-on

Called Super Sailmakers today and asked about the three different prices shown in their web site for !55% Genoas.
The representative, Julia, said $377 is the price for a 155% hank-on Genoa for the CP16 II/III. The sail is 61sf with the following dimensions: luff= 14.42, leech= 13.13, foot= 9.59 and LP =  8.51. The product number is com1608.

Julia said the less expensive 155 is really for the CP 16 I. The $482? sail was attributed to an error on the web site.

I have been using National sails for about eighteen months and will likely stay with them for the 155.

$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

JBC

Thanks for the update. Supersailmakers could use a little updating of their marketing.

Gerry

I have never had a bad experience with National Sails.

Gerry
Gerry "WyattC"
'81 CP16

hinmo

National sails for several purchases (previous boats). Would use them again