a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SunCat follow me home today.

Started by hoddinr, December 30, 2014, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddinr

Dennis Marshall's SunCat followed me home today. 
I showed her to my wife, Joyce, who said "Oh!  She's so cute!"
I replied, "So I can keep her?"
She smiled and turned away.

She is renamed NOMAD.

Ron Hoddinott

Bob23

Congrats, Ron!
   Strange, I've had the same thing happen to me. I get home only to find a sailboat attached to my truck and I have no idea how it got there.
My wife's not so understanding, though.
Bob23

Tom L.

That is good on you Ron. I think you will love your new boat. Slower of course than Whisper but very comfortable. Our New for us Sun Cat has been following us around now for a few months.

I am the luckiest sailor I think. My wife is an avid sailor and is the one who hooks up the boat/car and off we go.

The Sun cat has so much going for it as a pocket cruiser that is comfortable and very, very easy to trail and rig. I am in my late 60's now and really appreciate these atributes of the Sun Cat.

Tom and Barb L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

hoddinr

Hey Tom and Barb,

I'm hoping you'll be at the 10,000 Island cruise next week.  We should have 4 SunCats there... at least.

I'm totally amazed how all my camping gear, food and water are being stowed in Nomad.  I've got places to put things I haven't even touched yet.

Ron

Tom L.

Ron, sounds lke you are getting everything in order. The Sun Cat is wide and for it's size 17' can hold a lot of stuff. I noticed you added us to the 10,000 island cruise but we can't make it. As much as we want to go we have a prior commitment for Thursday and it's just to far to drive for a one day sail. Maybe next time it does look like a very kewl cruise.

Tom and Barb
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat