a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

molded in VHF

Started by dusty, July 13, 2006, 09:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusty

this is very nice. this guy took advantage of some negative space in his cabin, and located his VHF transceiver - oh wait, just did a double-take and it's not a transceiver, it's a cd player, but still... sweet.

it's a 'sannibel', which i never heard of, but it's awful com-pac lookin', makin' me think they were tryin to snag some of the com-pac market share.

none the less, it's a great idea to put an instrument too far out of the way to ever be a skin chisel.

dusty

duh... guess a link would be nice, huh?

molded in radio

NormD

Kind of off subject, but for interest's sake, the Sanibel 18 has recently been re-introduced by International Marine, the makers of West Wight Potter.
Not a match for the new Legacy though IMHO

dusty

hey, just googled that, and what an interesting story. feel sorry for that guy for having to sell the molds. at least they were picked up by someone with some financial backing. looks like a solid ship. if you ask me, the hull shape of the WWP line should be dropped in favor of the sannibel, but that's just my personal opinion. i've heard a "swamping" story about the WWP, and i just can't trust it. i should probably keep personal opinions to myself, but when it comes to life and limb i'll take a stand.