a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Another garage fit question

Started by jakejordal, September 21, 2014, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakejordal

I am also considering storing in a garage.  With a 9ft garage door vr standard 8ft, does that make is simpler to store the boat.  And how many inches does the folding tongue save?  I am thinking about a 24ft garage.

Thanks Jake

ontarioSuncat

My boat will fit in the garage with the 5 panel door, it needs 8 feet. You will also need the 24 feet or fold the  tongue.

capt_nemo

jakejordal,

9 ft. garage door opening - WOW!

Yes, it will definitely make storage much easier. It may possibly fit in without the folding tongue, but for a nominal cost the folding tongue will provide more room to get completely around the boat while in the garage.

If I had a 9 ft. opening I would seriously consider storing my Sun Cat inside and using it (ready to go) from there. With the Garage Package (for smaller doors) it is too much trouble to unship the mast and gallows each time for storage after frequent use. Nevertheless, the Package is quite useful for long term maintenance or modification projects requiring a protected environment.

capt_nemo

Eric in Seattle

My Sun Cat barely fits through my 8' high door.  I need to make sure the tongue of the trailer is adjusted as low as it will go so the tab on the mast clears the door.

jakejordal

Thanks for great advice.  I appreciate it.  And so fast.  Thanks

capt_nemo

jakejordal,

Measured the distance from hinge break to end tip of ball hitch on my trailer tongue and got 42". Really shortens the overall length.

capt_nemo