a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Where do you all sail?

Started by alsantini, August 15, 2014, 09:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

How about we start a new topic on where we all sail our Eclipses?  Figure it is always good to have an idea who, what, where and when and being the newbie here, I figured I would start.  Off The Wind, my 2007 Eclipse is moored on Pistakee Lake in Northern Illinois.  The Lake is part of the Chain of Lakes beginning in Southern Wisconsin off of the Fox River and continuing into Northern Illinois.  There is some decent sailing available in the series of Lakes as long as you can put the mast down and get under some bridges.  I spend most of my time on Pistakee but have ventured under Rt 12 into Fox Lake.  I have also pulled the boat from BayView Marina and trailered up to Lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin.  I also race an MCScow on weekends up at Lake Summerset, which is NW of Rockford, Illinois.   I live in Elgin, Illinois and have been sailing for about 40+ years.  I have owned a Zuma, Catalina Capri 16, Laser II, Precision 18, Precision 21, MCScow and now the Com Pac Eclipse.  The Eclipse will probably be the last boat, along with the MC.  I plan on taking the Eclipse down to Florida for the winter and will sail on the Gulf out of Venice, FL and Charlotte Harbor.

crazycarl

alsantini,

i live about 25 miles south of dekalb.

while i've never sailed the chain, i've musky fished it many times.

i also have a 15' hullmaster that i sail in smaller waters such as pierce lake in rockford.

i once belonged to the rockford sailing club.

i've meaning to sail lake mendota for some years, i just never have.  the greenes sail and are very knowledgeable about it.

cc
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

TedStrat

I sail my Eclipse in and about Huntington Bay, Long Island NY. I keep it in Huntington Harbor and sail around the entire area. will probably try to a make it over to Connecticut this fall.Next simmer Montauk and Block Isle. Since I just got it this spring, I am still getting used to how it sails - which is fantastic in both light air and heavier (15 knots or so max so far). Absolutely fantastic sailboat
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY