a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New owner of a beautiful Picnic Cat

Started by Jim Fynes, December 27, 2004, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Fynes

My baby is sitting in my driveway. It's not been in the water yet. I'm waiting for a Honda 2hp long shaft and the weather to ease and warm up. For Florida, we're freezin down here.  One of the things that I could use some suggestions for - would be the storage area under the cockpit hatches.  What can I do,  to be able to use this area and not have everything sliding around and disappearing into the bilges.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks, Jim.

JimB

Jim,
 You can put sheets of non-skid material in there.  You can buy it by the roll in places like Camping World or Wal-Mart.  It is frequently seen sold in small pieces like a place mat, but is MUCH less expensive in bulk.  RVers use it to keep stuff from sliding around in cabinets... works great in boats, too.
Happy Sails to You,
Jim B.

Craig Weis

Take a plastic 'milk' basket from Target and saw it down vertically till it fits under the hatch comfortable. To keep small stuff within the basket I take a black plastic garbage bag and fit that to the inside of the basket and roll the bag over the edge and tape the perimeter. Works on my C-P 19. skip.

Craig Weis

Jim, So now that the season for me is about over, I'm woundering how you are enjoying the Picnic Cat?
Skip.