News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Anyone installed a transom mount ladder on their Sun Cat?

Started by tgellert, April 20, 2021, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgellert

New owner of a 20-year-old Sun Cat here and I would like to install a boarding/swim ladder on the transom for practical use AND safety reasons. I need some advice AND also some guidance on the install. Did you buy an aftermarket ladder, if so, which one? Saw some postings from some CP sailors talk about installing "dive ladders" and I am intrigued. Are the Com-Pac stock ladders worth it vs. aftermarket? Help, please! Thanks ...

Bud

In the same boat. The new Sunday Cat did not have a ladder installed at the factory. Seems like I would need to take off the cover in the tiller area to access the inside of the transom.

Anyone have experience doing this????

All advice appreciated.

Renae

I'm reasonably sure my ladder is the Hutchins accessory.  It's ok, but you end up climbing against a bit of rake.

rogerschwake

Have no idea on what ladder to buy. To get in the back of the boat removing the cover that the tiller goes through to the rudder. A multi tool makes the job doable with hardly any bad words said. Since your in there it would be a good idea to backup the motor bracket with a peace of plywood. This takes a lot  of vibration out of the motor mount and adds to its life I believe. This has been done to your boat Renae.

ROGER

Bud

Anyone know the brand name of the transom ladder provided by Compac?

It's the one in the pic here:

http://photos.mostsailboats.org/2010/c/2010-Com-Pac-Sunday-Cat-NEW_3078_1.jpg

I like the style better than those only mounted at the top with rubber covered bottom supports that rest against the hull.

Thanks in advance for any info.