a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Storage module

Started by oddduck, June 04, 2014, 10:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddduck

Progress on my new storage module of a basic design by Don Nemetz (aka Capt_Nemo).  I couldn't figure out how to post a pic but maybe this link to photobucket will do the job...

http://s282.photobucket.com/user/fiddlerami/media/2014/Misc/IMG_0193s_zps3a195171.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

A little tutoring on how to place the pic in the post would be helpful in the future.  :)

Dennis
Odd Duck

Dennis,  I clicked on "Direct" in Photobucket and pasted between the IMG bookends to put the Picture here.

TG - Admin.

BruceW

Looks cool.

I found that I can post from iphone photobucket to iphone com-pac image. Seems like you click on insert image in app, then go to photo bucket and copy the link, paste it in between the two end pieces of the brackets.
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

JTMeissner

Inserted (at no cost).  :-)

Photobucket is slightly different depending upon operating systems.  I use Windows systems at work but an iPad and Mac at home, each with a slightly different process.  Willing to walk through it, though I think there are tutorials posted elsewhere.

-Justin

Oh, and the storage looks nice too.  Once I get more basics done on my 16 I'll work on storage options.

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis,

Nice work, you will find it quite handy for organizing, securing, and storing small stuff.

Hey, that 2-Drawer Step Storage Module under the Bridgedeck looks quite familiar too!

Enjoy!

capt_nemo

oddduck

Hey Don,
That drawer module was the first of your designs that I copied and I love it.  If the new module works out half as well I'll be very pleased.  I'm in the process of building the little side "add-on" module which was part of your design now.  I also really liked your "folding dinghy" project, but so far have been to lazy too build one!  I'll post a pic of the finished product when I get done - thanks for the idea/design/guidance/inspiration!   

Dennis

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis,

You're very welcome. Glad you find the ideas/designs helpful in addressing the storage problem aboard our Sun Cats.

Looking forward to photo of finished product!

P.S. I'm currently looking at plans for a SMALL, simple, lightweight, easy to build dinghy.

capt_nemo

Mike

after the good help on your hatch doors, I would like to know your ideas on the module for a CP19?  The challenge would be to have an installation that does not
impinge on berth space including side supports.

capt_nemo

Mike,

In order to offer ideas I need to ask a few questions.

WHAT exactly are you trying to accomplish with the Module? The objective?

WHERE are we talking about installing the Module on your boat?

Do you mind drilling holes in your boat or altering the boat's structure to secure/mount whatever the Module is?

A photo of the boat area in question would be a big help.

capt_nemo

Mike

I guess I need to think about all those items before answering....hate the idea of holes in the boat...bulkheads or through hulls.   As you may have surmised, I am not an accomplished e-communicator but will attempt pics before more response.   Thank you much for quick answer (i.e. questions) and previous project help.

capt_nemo

Mike,

OK.

Take your time. I'll be around here somewhere, ready when you are.

Just shout out for "capt_nemo".

capt_nemo

oddduck

Finally finished - Thanks Don.

Dennis

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis,

Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing with great photos.

Now you'll have places to organize, store, and secure the "small stuff". And most, if not all, will be accessible from the cockpit with a simple reach of an arm!

Enjoy good buddy. Hope to cross paths with you again soon.

Don, AKA capt_nemo