a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

peak sails

Started by kickingbug1, June 04, 2014, 05:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

has anyone had any experience with peak sails?
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

MacGyver

Lafayette Bruce has.

Also in a internet search I have found many complaints for poor customer service running the gambit of at point of sale, during, and after, with after being the plum worst............... so if you do decide to order from them, be sure to keep us informed.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

kickingbug1

i might go with another tasker---the one on my 16 worked well---they quoted $445
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

mattman

I thought I heard you say how much you liked those Doyles you recently saw... I got the whole set for right at a grand...shop around a little you will get a better product at not that much extra cost. You have a great looking boat, put great sails on her and she will look awesome and perform even better. Matt.

kickingbug1

i got a quote from north at over 7 bills for a main. a little steep for us. ill do some shopping arround but i have to say the tasker on m,y 16 was well built and did make that boat perform much better. one thing is for sure that old main has got to go. we are going out tomorrow so i will see how these "women" get along. hey lets get together for a com-pac 16 race day. john, will, rich are you guys in?

atrometer

http://nationalsail.com/  I had a VERY good quote from National and several on this site said very good things about them.

skip1930

How come you guys just don't go back and order what ever came with the boat originally?
Or just order a set from Hutchins?

That would be Johnson Sails. [ probably out of business ].

skip.

jb

recently received a quote for my C-16 from National sails,

..." Custom built in 5oz dacron, luff 15.25', foot 7.5', with standard battens and 2 reefs, a new mainsail would be priced at $390  "

brackish

That would be Johnson Sails. [ probably out of business ].

That would be JSI, still doing business in St. Pete, FL.  They are a Doyle domestic loft and also sell JSI brand which is primarily imported.  Bought a asymmetrical spin and a 135 from them several years ago.  Good prices, good service.  They may still be Hutchins OEM.