a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for Sun Cat in Mobile, AL area

Started by toledotim12748, January 31, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toledotim12748

I have escaped the snow country and am now a permanent resident of the South.  I am looking for a sailboat and although the Horizon Cat is exactly what I want, the draft of the Sun Cat would be a whole lot more practical given my low water restrictions (I am on Robinson Bayou off of Dog River).  Is there anybody in the Mobile, AL area on either side of the bay for whom I might be able to crew?  I want to be sure that the Sun Cat is what I am looking for.  Thanks!

TedStrat

Hey Toledotim...just saw a Suncat in a classified ad - far from you but looks good.. It's a 2010 blue hull - seems like all the bells and Whistles with custom canvass, trailer, compass etc. it's in Connecticut 860 536 1180. He's asking $16,500. Happy hunting
-Ted
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

toledotim12748

Thanks!  I asked for information.  Are you, by chance, in the Mobile, AL area?

TedStrat

No I'm actually up on the east coast on Long Island. Across the sound from Connecticut and the classified was in a local Huntington boating magazine. I sailed a beetle cat for many years and was close to buying a horizon cat but stumbled across the eclipse and went with that. Should be shipped up here in April -cant wait.. The shipping (by trailer) is pretty cheap - about $1 per mile for a professional shipper - maybe less
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

carry-on

If you are still looking, there is a 2007 Suncat on craigslist Pensacola.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

Greysailor