Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mac and his Mighty Sewing Machine

Started by crazycarl, June 09, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

mac,

i could have sent you this in a pm, but then there wouldn't be the peer pressure i need to convince you.

it sure would be nice to have sunbrella covers for the spare tire and open end covers for the other tires while my trailer sits in the drive.

i'm thinking if someone was to buy some tan or other light color fabric, they could sew up a bunch and sell them to those who have PRE-PAID.

should would be a nice winter side job!

it would also keep that person off the streets and from getting involved with gangs and such.

so, mac.  if you know of ANYONE with such a machine and exceptional talent, please lets us all know.

i patiently await your immediate response.

CC
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

MacGyver

You have peaked my interest at a good time, I am templating a set for my own trailer over the last few days. Along with a winch cover, it has been my intention to see how long it takes me to make them, and the figures to alternate for other tire sizes if I choose to do that....

I am also working on a neutral fabric, that will look good with any type of trailer so that I might produce more. I have not had a raise at my job in many years, so making a little extra to support my habits has been on my mind lately.

At work, several boaters have seen the items I have made so far and have started to ask if I will atleast make repairs to items, and also one guy wants winch covers. So this seems to be making its way to a possible side business.

I will let you know in a couple weeks what I have figured out. I am involved with a ton of charity work this weekend so I wont be able to sew up prototypes as quick as I would like to.....

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.