a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

How long are the jib sheets on a 16

Started by Alexander, April 08, 2014, 01:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

My new boat came without jib sheets. I might guess at it but I'm sure somebody already knows. I think 3/8 line thickness looks right but I could use the voice of experience here. Thanks, Bob

JBC

Check out the CP 16 Specifications just above your post...There you'll find what you're after, I think.

Alexander

Thanks, I've been reading so much of this site I forgot that info was there.

Salty19

Welcome to our forum.   Ahhh...a new boat!  16's are sweet little boats and so seaworthy for their size.

1/4" thick lines is the factory spec but you can also move up 5/16" at most.  3/8" is way to heavy for headsail controls on these boats.
I kinda like the New England Ropes Salsa single braid line (8mm=5/16"). Soft, dries fast, doesn't accidentally knot up too much.
I'm actually using that on my main and a similar FS Robline Dinghy Racing sheet single braid on my jib.  Then Euro braid on a genoa and Flightline for a light nylon drifter. All work good, but I prefer the Salsa over all.

The search feature works pretty good too, I'm sure you'll have more questions that are answered pretty thoroughly.  Either go to the home page for a broad search of the whole site, or go into a sub-forum and search for less results.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603