a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suggestions for a Gunnell Boarding Ladder for CP!16

Started by atrometer, January 23, 2014, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrometer

I'm looking for a good, foldable gunnel boarding ladder for my CP16.  It looks as if most I've seen have the stand-offs so low they will go UNDER the edge of the hull causing the ladder to swing under the boat.  Any suggestions appreciated.

hinmo

Not to hijack, but kinda related. I have "sockets" on my deck near the toerail for a ladder, but can't find a ladder. Not looking for the $300 kind, but a inexpensive option.

mikew

August, one of my favorite things to do beside sailing on my CP-16 is anchor out in a shallow cove and swim from the boat. I use a 3 step
folding ladder ( 7" gunwale) from West Marine. It hooks over the gunnel about mid-cockpit, I straighten out the small supports which press against the hull near the water line. It works very well, ( the ladder does stay vertical).  I took off the lower plastic caps and drilled some drainage holes because the tubes would hold and trap water when lifted out. The best part is that the ladder can be folded flat and stowed inside on the rear of the bunks. I think Garelick makes a similar ladder.

Mike

skip1930

In Bob Burgesses' book Handbook for Trailer Sailors, there is a picture of a hard tubed and rolled folding boarding ladder hanging over the side of a CP-16. And there is some verbiage to go with the picture too.

skip.

atrometer

Thanks all!  I got the Garelick model, fits perfectly!

hinmo

(good to see a post, I thought the website was down!)