a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Hull repair

Started by nicktulloh, February 11, 2014, 05:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_nemo

What does it look (or feel) like on the INSIDE of the hull to deck joint shown as far as structural damage is concerned??

In any case, a lot of work and some $$ even for a DIY job. Could be difficult to access for a "proper" repair job.

Recommend showing photos to repair professionals to get some idea of costs in time and $.

Just some food for thought.

capt_nemo

skip1930

" Hold it closer to the phone so I can look at it."

nicktulloh's pictures of his boat's damage.  
It's a lot of grinding, filling, and sanding and painting here is his 'work to be done'.

skip.

--> use the 'DIRECT' code {copy/paste} from Photobucket and place that code between the [ img ] * [ img ] where the * is.

The [ img ] [ img ] is placed in the post from clicking on the insert image icon that looks like a 'blue sky-trees-yellow sand-and a beach' right to the left of the insert flash pin wheel some say that icon looks like a spoke wagon wheel.

Mattlikesbikes

that will buff right out  :)

Is it just the gelcoat or is the fiberglass underneath it also gone?  I have some stress cracks and chipping in the same area on my 19 but nowhere as bad.

MacGyver

I dont think it would be too awful bad to repair. But first would be to remove the black rubrail so that a better view of this is seen. It would need removed to make the repair anyway..... and I have to ask what is the backing material in the picture?

I would outline a process of repair, but would rather see the rubrail off first.
It is not a simple job, but not a bad job if you know somewhat about what you are doing.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

nicktulloh

It's not mine. Even I don't hit the dock that hard.

I'm going to pass ....

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/4326799859.html