a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

starting to get popups

Started by brackish, December 02, 2013, 07:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

Starting to get popup ads on this site, something that has never happened before.  Think it is isolated to my computer but can anyone confirm.

carry-on

I had the same issue. Started the day before Thanksgiving. Found two Scorpion programs on my control panel. The date installed was 11/23/13. Don't know how they were installed. I uninstalled and the popups disappeared.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

nies

Had the same problem earlier.........nies

skip1930

Not here.

Turn your 'Allow Pop ups' off. [Disable].

Has Advast been downloaded?
It's always free, even though Advast will occasionally ask if you want to up grade.
Don't do it. And after a fast or full scan ... any bad files should be moved into the 'Chest'. No where else.

skip.

Bob23

My computer is too slow to get pop ups...they get tired of waiting and move on to someone else's computer!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

Haven't gotten any, but my system blocks pop-ups - TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

MacGyver

No issues here, I use a PC, with Google CHROME.
My antivirus is AVG, but no issues and on CHROME it dloads all updates auto-magically making it literally idiot proof which is good because my plate is already full that I dont want to have to deal with updates all the time.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Salty19

Fine here too on a Mac OSX 10
I'll ask the site owner to take a look around the bowels of the forum to look for anything odd, just in case.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

brackish

I don't think anything wrong with the forum.  I pulled in Nation Zoom and a bunch of other junk on a download.  Trying to clean it up now and get rid of it all.

Michael

Have not gotten any popups. I use Firefox with popup blocker addon.

Fair winds, MM in Wonder