a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Winter Prrojects Completed

Started by crbakdesign, April 13, 2006, 10:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crbakdesign

When we moved up to the CP19 from our CP16 we enjoyed the roomier cabin, but had a real problem organizing our stuff.

So after a lot figuring and and comparing I built a galley, folding table and stowage this winter in my spare time :roll:

Used furniture grade plywood, and parts off a cherry wood nightstand.  The sink is a stainless steel bowl, and the faucet is gravity fed from a 5 gallon tank mounted behind the galley unit and drains to a container in the bilge.  Underneath the sink is plenty of room for all our mess, literally!

The galley is pinned and removable.

We also added shelves and seat cushions to make things more comfortable and add more storage space.

Incorporated a nav area

Last major project was to sew our own sailbag/cover for the jib and a sailcover for the mainsail. "Steadfast" is now back in the water and ready for another year. :D

More pictures are in the gallery.  Note:  We are currently experiencing some technical difficulty due to some wise ass  :evil: who planted a script. Capt'K our techinical genious is in the process of de-worming the gallery, and the bugs we've had should be out shortly

mgoller

Wow!  Looks great.  That galley is really nice.  The idea of putting the water tank just behind was smart.  I like the white counter material and the wood work.  Looks like the boat came from the factory this way.  
Your shelves look good and now I envy your chart table.  I'll have to see if that can't be done on mine.
You've really made good use of the room in a 19.
The blue sail covers look really good.  I debated doing that but kept with the brown sail cover since it was in good shape.  Something about blue and white just looks like "sailboat" to me.
So what's nex?, maybe just enjoy what you've done.

crbakdesign

Thanks Marcus,

The images of your galley, cushions and shelves were an inspiration.

The only drawback in the galley and water bottle design I went with, is that whatever room we had on the forespeak is now somewhat limited. Since we do not have any small kids in the home anymore, that's not a problem for us.  I can also remove the galley if we get overnight guests.

Actually have a couple of details to wrap up this spring. I'm  using my newly learned sewing skills to add to the rather short symetrical spinnaker I have and make a cruising spinnaker out of the material. The head of the sail is already there, just need a couple of panels below.

We spent the night in the boat last weekend out on the lake for the first time this season. Sailed to a secluded cove, had a nice dinner down below and then set up and watched the stars.  Great night. The only one aboard who complained was the ship's dog, who wanted to go ashore at one point.  I think we are ready for the B.E.E.R.S cruise this June!