- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP27 Autopilot Installation

Started by relamb, May 10, 2015, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurtTampa

Quote from: deisher6 on September 09, 2015, 08:46:03 AM
Hey BobK:
I have a spare wheel unit (ST4000 MK2 Wheel).

Do you still have the wheel unit?

deisher6

Hey Curt:
Sold it.
regards charlie

bobp

Installed my ev100 a year ago. Control head was put in coming because that's where original was. Would have preferred it in front of me. Everything else is attached to plywood right of engine. Works great. Only problem is I have never been able to get it to steer a course thru Ray Marine auto helm,

Awfeith

Just in the process of installing my EV-100, Anyone needing spare parts for a 4000, let me know.

SteveA

I too am starting to install a EV 100 and plan on mounting the display on the starboard coaming and thinking about about putting the compass inside the head on the aft wall to get it away from most everything.

Awfeith, how is your install going and where are you mounting?

thanks, Steve

Awfeith

I mounted the compass on the front of the shelf on the starboard side locker. Behind the head above the holding tank. I have the display on a pod, starboard side of the helm. All the electronics are in the starboard locker. I could not get the patch cord to run the auto helm through my Garmin Gps backbone. I will run the auto helm on its own. I just received the Garmin transducer for speed, temp, and depth and will run that through my Garmin backbone. When I complete all I'll post photos.

André

SteveA

I finally finished the install the other day and the system starting to work.  As yet, it is not hooked up to a rudder sensor, gps or wind and I will continue to play with the settings.  I am now going to try 16 as the "hard over" time and hope that will fix the overcorrecting when under sail.  It works fine under power and holds a straight course.

I mounted the display on the side of the starboard coaming and the compass inside the starboard settee on the forward side of the head bulkhead. Both compasses agree within 1 degree of each other so all the parts are well separated from everything and not causing interference.

I thought the instructions were very poor, confusing and incomplete and good luck talking to anyone at the help desk.

How is yours working and with what settings?

Steve

deisher6

Hey Steve:
I absolutely agree with you about the instructions that come with RayMarine equipment. 

I have ignored the stuff on compass calibration and lock to lock entry.  It did not seem to make any difference.  The only setting that I change regularly is the Performance setting.

I was just thinking that my least favorite sound in the beeping of "Otto" the auto helm, when it looses steering command and I am in the middle of a sail change on the foredeck!

Generally if is a great pice of gear.

regards charlie