a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 25 on Lake Erie

Started by imjimmy7578, June 01, 2011, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imjimmy7578

I have had a 1996 Compac 25 for about 7 years now. It is fully equipped with AC, new Doyle sails, 12 hp Westerbeke, Edson wheel steering, etc. I have sailed on Lake Erie with her the past 5 years and she is a delight - never fails to draw attention when I come into a marina.
She's not the fastest 25 footer you'll see but I'm comfortable in 20 knots and will put in a reef at 20+ to keep going. She's fat, stable and built like a tank. But what I like most is that she looks so damned "nautical"  - like she has stories to tell.

Salty19

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum.  I'm just south of you in Columbus sailing a CP19 on Hoover reservoir.  Hoping to make it to Lake Erie this summer, or at minimum Sandusky Bay. Has been real busy so not sure.   Actually heading up to Put in Bay next weekend (in the car).   

If you think you'll be at the Islands next weekend, please send me a PM...I would love to check out your boat and buy you a drink for the showing!!!

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Dutch Roll

Quote from: imjimmy7578 on June 01, 2011, 12:29:58 PM
I have had a 1996 Compac 25 for about 7 years now. It is fully equipped with AC, new Doyle sails, 12 hp Westerbeke, Edson wheel steering, etc. I have sailed on Lake Erie with her the past 5 years and she is a delight - never fails to draw attention when I come into a marina.
She's not the fastest 25 footer you'll see but I'm comfortable in 20 knots and will put in a reef at 20+ to keep going. She's fat, stable and built like a tank. But what I like most is that she looks so damned "nautical"  - like she has stories to tell.

I think I own this boat now. Its a great boat. Would like to hear so history about it >