a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Water in storage lockers of Compac Horizion

Started by kobo, August 31, 2009, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobo

I took delivery of my Compac Horizon Cat 5 months ago. I simply love it. I am an experienced sailor. At my age this boat is perfect. However I have a problem that I have not solved as yet. Maybe someone will have some insight. When ever I go sailing even in fairly calm seas I end up with water in my storage lockers under the berths. I called Compac an they said it could be the shaft log. If it is the shaft log I can't see how that water is getting into the lockers. They also said it could be the center board tube where the lifting line goes through. Given time I am sure I will figure this out, I was just hoping some else would have an answer to this problem.
Thanks for any responses.

ontarioSuncat

Suggest you alos post this on the trailersailor.com site under catboats. there are many horizon cat owners over there too.

pagansdad

I see that this is an old post, but I had the same problem so am going to respond. On our Horizon Cat, the bow eye (the loop you hook the winch onto when loading onto the trailer) had loosened a bit. That piece of hardware is under water much of the time when sailing and will accumulate a good bit of water. Simple fix, just tighten the two nuts against the plate on the bow eye and all is well.