a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

PC SIGHTING IN NJ

Started by Bob23, September 22, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

After a nice row on the Guideboat yesterday, what didst I see but a shiny Picnic Cat being towed to the ramp. I did what any self respecting Compac-o-naut would do: followed the dude. As he was preparing to rig the boat, we exchanged introductions. I should say as he rigged the boat which took all of about 2 minutes! I've seen these at the shows but never saw one in action. They are really cool little boats and the mastender is a work of art.
    Rich is the name of the skipper and I asked him if he'd heard of this site. He replied he used to be a member but got tired of the constant emails so he dropped his membership. I'm confused about that so I dropped the subject. As I left, he was backing down the ramp with his VW Passat, I think getting ready for a great day on the water.  Cool boat! Didn't get the name.
Bob23

Billy

He must have confused this site with the yahoo one.
This one is way better!
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Bob23

That's what I was thinking...too bad...his loss.
Bob23

RICH14

Bob- you were right- I was on the Yahoo site and got endless e-mails--- this site is great. I already got some great info. As you saw first hand, the PC sets up in only minutes. The day we met I had a wonderful day of sailing (the following day also). Being mentioned on the site makes me feel like a minor celebrity. Thanks for setting me straight. Rich14

jthatcher

wow.. sure is good we did not say a lot of nasty things about this Rich guy :)   hi Rich.. welcome aboard!   I was thinking the same thing about the yahoo groups which do, in fact, generate lots of emails..   although, the compac one seems to be fading away.    Looks like we have another potential participant for Barnegat Bay Bash  2014..    it is going to get crowded out there!  jt

Bob23

Hi Rich and Welcome!
   Glad you found your way over here. Everyone is a minor celebrity here!
I still have my 23  in the water around the point from the ramp you launched at but I'm planning to move here tomorrow.
   Of course, there is the minor issue of the initiation and users fee of $5000.00 paid in small unmarked bills to me. But because you seem like a nice guy and have such great taste in boats, and today is half price Tuesday, we'll just make it 2500 clams and your in! Such a deal!
   Again, welcome aboard!
Bob23

RICH14

5 grand- is that all? I expected to pay a lot more. All I need to know is where to drop off the suitcase. Rich 14 aka WALTE R WHITE  .... LOL

Bob23

Meet me at the boat ramp at 6 pm on Saturday. You'll see a maroon Adirondack Guideboat sitting on it's trailer. Put the cash in a plain brown paper bag and leave it on the center rowing seat. Come alone...I'm watching...no tricks!
Or, you can invite me out for a sail and we'll call it even!!!!!
Bob23

bruce

Hey guys,

My name is Bruce and I'm the moderator of the Yahoo Picnic Cat Association group, and have enjoyed sailing my Picnic Cat for 3 years now. I'll jump in here since we're talking trash!

I had to laugh that someone thought we were too chatty over there. Over a year we average much less than a message a day, and if that's too much you can elect to not receive emails at all and just check the website when you want to. We do have currently 214 members, most of whom own Picnic Cats (!), and always welcome new members with questions or comments about the boat. You're all welcome to come visit.
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PicnicCatAssociation/info

Now, if we're talking the TSBB forums...

Bruce
Aroo #308
Narragansett Bay, RI
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI