a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

She's here at last!

Started by Aldebaran_III, June 17, 2013, 07:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldebaran_III

Finally the weeks of waiting are over! Today we collected our new Horizon Cat from the port in St.Maarten.
She traveled well and looks amazing to our eyes. It's going to be a couple of weeks before we can launch, but we're really looking forward to getting on the water again.
We had a tiller fitted instead of the wheel, and so far we're happy with the way that has worked out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carib_derek/9071840922/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carib_derek/9069646765/

Aldebaran III is our third boat called "Aldebaran"
The first "Aldebaran of Emsworth" was a Hurley 22 back in the late '70s
Second was "Aldebaran II" a Tayana 37 which we lived aboard from 1988 to 2002 logging many thousands of miles.
and now "Aldebaran III",  she might be smaller but I'm sure she's going to serve us just as well as the others did.
;D

Harrier

kahpho

Very nice! Congratulations on the new boat.

mel
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

MacGyver

Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

skip1930

Always fond of dark hulls myself. Your dog Tammy is so cute. Luv's the De Havilland Otter flying in. We have one at the aeroport for the next three days. Skydivers galore, 26 out of the Otter at a time. Twice today. All survived. Again.

I toured an Horizon at the show. Nice, nice boat. Have fun.

skip.

Craig

Congratulations Derek! We have had Kailani just shy of a year.You will love the HC! We were just in Phillipsburg/ St. Martin last month so we can put some perspective to your other pics. Keep us posted on your adventures! Aldebaran sure will turn some heads down there! ;D By the way, your cat is a dead ringer for our cat Marcus. :)
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Aldebaran_III

Thanks to all for the best wishes.
It will be a couple of weeks or so before launch and our first sail, but plenty to do in the meantime.
Buy all the safety gear, inspection, registration, teak sealing, line splicing, mods to the boat-lift etc. etc. Work sure gets in the way!
We'll try to post some pics.
Cheers.
Derek

Aldebaran_III

Finally got the mods to the lift finished.
Launched on Monday. The ramp was too shallow to float off without drowning my truck, but the mini-tractor managed it, side tow with a rubber flubber and now she's up on the lift.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carib_derek/9270565217/

Not there yet but getting closer. Loaded all the safety gear on today. Tomorrow is the inspection, then next week to get registered. Still waiting for the o/b motor to arrive. The shipper slipped up, but another is on the way.
Frustrating being so close but not able to go sailing. Patience is a virtue (so they say!)

Derek

capt_nemo

Congratulations. Very nice looking boat.

As an Owner of her little sister, a Sun Cat, I just know you will have many enjoyable hours sailing her.

Fair winds, and do sail safely.

capt_nemo

frank

Just a fine looking lil ship! Keep us updated.
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

frank

Has the outboard arrived? Have you sailed yet? We need an update  ;D  Pictures too  :o
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

Aldebaran_III

Well, we're getting there slowly. The outboard is expected this coming week.
We went down to the boat today and applied the lettering for the name and the registration number. Still haven't got the actual registration document.
Apparently the one person who can sign it is "off island" ,expected back " 'jus now". Don't ask!

Hoping for next weekend but who knows?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carib_derek/9389063404/

Derek