Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Messabout

Started by rogerschwake, May 26, 2013, 08:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerschwake

Ahoy fellow CP owners,
   There is a messabout at Lake City, Minnesota on Lake Pepin, May 31 to June 2. There are a lot of home build boats but they welcome our plastic boats also. Most of the boats are smaller sail boats and I plan to be there with my Sun Cat. Would like to see some other CP boats there if you can make it. Hoping for  good wind and clear skies.
ROGER

Vipersdad

Is there a particular marina or launch area where the boats hang out?

V.
s/v  "MaryElla"   Com-Pac 19 / II  #436
Iceboat "Red Bird"--Polar Bear 10-Meter, Built 1953

Lake Winnebago, Lake Mendota, Lake Namakagon, Lake Superior.

"To Hutch, Gerry, Buck, and Clarkie--Who made it so much fun.".....Robert F. Burgess, Author-Handbook of Trailer Sailing 1984

rogerschwake

The messabout is at Hok-Si-La Park, this is on the north side of Lake City, MN. off highway 61-63. There's a web sight at lakepepinmessabout.com that has all the information about the event. Hope to see some CP there and a few blue skies and less rain.
ROGER

rogerschwake

Went to the messabout in Lake City, MN Fri. and Sat. and had a great time with some other people as crazy about sailing as I am.  Met two other sailors from Iowa but didn't get a chance to get any info from them, If you could e-mail me maybe we could get together for some sailing time together. Hopefully the rain will stop long enough for me to get my leaky ports fixed and get some sailing in.
ROGER