a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cleaned most of the cabin today and here are some galley pics

Started by Mattlikesbikes, June 01, 2013, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattlikesbikes

Well I got about 85-90% of the cabin cleaned up and I am hurting!!!. I used a combination of vinegar/water and bleach/water Mix , scrub brush and paper towels oh and a power washer set on low also.

I tell you what there are a couple spots that I could not get to. I got pretty out of shape in the last year (fat) and had a tuff time getting to some areas.  Over all the cabin and the lockers look much much better and I got up most of the mold/mildew. That I could reach. I figure at the end of the season I might just pay somebody to give the boat a good interior cleaning and get all the spots I missed. I noticed rust on the underside of some of the cleat/hardware bolts in the cabin and the wood backers had some black areas either rot/rust runoff/ mold not sure . I might have to replace the backers and reseal them at some point. The cushions are nasty from being stored in a shed the last 3 years and will have to be replaced. They are sitting in the back of my warehouse at work not even worth it to put them in. Honestly you are not allowed to sleep overnight at the lake and I have no intentions for any overnighters until the kids get older anyway so I have plenty of time to get the interior in tip top shape and get new cushions made.

There is still a lot to do but I think the boat is ready for the water. I need to order new clevis pins this week the old ones got misplaced and I think I am going to order a new tiller. Defender.com has one for around $80ish and the one I have is coming apart bad.

Before

After

Craig

Nice work! BIG difference. Just remember, as Water Rat said to Mole in "Wind in the Willows": "Believe me my young friend, there is NOTHING...Absolutely nothing half so much doing as simply messing about in boats!".  ;D
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

fasteddie

if youre at nockamixon, you can now sleep overnight, j dock slip 19 1982 19
CP 19  "La Bella Vita"  hull #45

dbinvermont

Dave
dbinvermont
1983 Compact 19