a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP19 inside seating.

Started by lochinvar, March 18, 2013, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochinvar

How do you guys solve the seating problem inside? Can't comfortably sit up on the v-berth deck, and when sitting with legs abeam on the bunk, my head hits on the inside cabin sides. It seems like one has to "get in bed" to have a comfortable seat! Did I miss something obvious? Should I tally a click on the senior-moment meter?

Would like to know what you guys are doing for comfort inside. Pics would really help if possible.

My thanks...

Shawn F

skip1930

Bob Burgess who Wrote The Handbook of Trailer Sailing sits port and starboard with a piece of deck 'tween the two quarter births.

skip.

Lafayette Bruce

I have found the most comfortable way to sit is on the quarter berth facing aft.  I take the center cushion from the vee berth (the hard backed one) and put it behind my back and it provides full length back support.  My legs go back under the cockpit seats and I can sit there for hours sipping tea.
Lafayette Bruce
Lafayette Bruce

MacGyver

That started out for us to be a problem as well, but we do similar to Lafayette Bruce.
I typically like to just lay down, but if I am not laying down I seem to be working my butt off doing something.

One time we had my wife's grandparents come out and surprise us as we were cleaning up the boat. Her grandma really wanted to sit inside, so we told her to be careful, but she kinda slammed down due to the height difference (guess she thought the side bunks were as tall as the V Berth) and then slammed her head into one of the port hole tightening bolts.

I am pretty sure that had to hurt........

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

lochinvar

Hmmm. Ok, I guess there are mysteries for me to figure out, because my boat come with No cushions including no "hard-backed" center cushion.

Ok thanks guys.

Tim Gardner

Loch,

The filler cushion goes between the v-birth extensions on either side of the comp post.  Other things that might go there are the cooler, and the optional galley.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

comfortably numb

How about a folding canvas canoe seat with back? Mine are 500 miles from here so I cant check them out right now, but there are no metal brackets on mine that would hurt the bench upholstery , they fold flat for storage, about $25 or so a few years back. From Gander Mt or Dicks. :)

skip1930

The CP-19 was never designed for max comfort. Sitting on the edge of the quarter births is about as good as it gets.
Lay down?

skip.