a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Keys cruising

Started by Koinonia, March 24, 2013, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koinonia

We will be launching from punta gorda this June ANC heading for the keys. Hopefully this year the weather will be more stable.  I also will have more time on my hands since I'm taking almost a month off.  I'm curios if anybody might be in the keys around that time.  The boat will be getting a new 20 gallon fuel tank to supply the new engine and I just sent off my application for this years blanket permit for towing!

capt_nemo

Give us a holler when you head to Punta Gorda. Lots of local knowledge available here from a number of Com Pac Owners in the area.

capt_nemo

Craig

What the 'cap said. Look for Kailani, slip A-10 if you launch from Laishley Marina. Great place to launch and the price is right(free).
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Koinonia

Craig, are you the guy I met last year with the 25?

InertBert

I will probably be in the Keys in the first part of June this year.  That is a tough time to voyage south.  Be ready to fight the current the whole way and be ready head for shore at the drop of a hat.

Koinonia

Koinonia is well equiped!  Usually the storms can get fierce but as capt ron said, They come on ya fast and they leave ya fast!  Im curious as to how our very very late spring arrival is going to effect things however.  Hopefully they will be for the better and be cooler and predictable.  If it wasnt for my wife being a teacher we would already be there but were limited to the summer months.