a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Light in the Head

Started by DH, March 06, 2006, 09:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

I have a 1986, and put in a shower. The kind you remove from the sink, and hold in your hand, and a hot water heater. There is the ComPac issue light that is in there which is useless at night or on a dark and foggy day. It may also someday get soaked and croak my electrical system. Does anyone have a suggestion of the light I should use.

BTW I was at the Miami boat show and saw some terrific lights on the Island Packet Yachts, but it was a state secreat where they came from. One of them would be terrific if they were water proof. Anyone know anything about them.

David

spaul

I replaced all of my lights with a similar brass body light with halogens. I can get the name but I bought from Sailnet while they were having a great sale last year. The halogen lights help a great deal.
I googled (actually on Yahoo) "12V marine lights" and there were hundreds of places to view what look like great lights.
A friend of mine is experimenting with electroluminescent display tape. THis stuff is selling on ebay and is cheap. COmes with 12v power supply and is extremely bright. It is the same stuff you have behind your cell phone screen only in longer strips. Might be something of interest to all boaters as the power consumption is very low. Will keep you informed as I'm due a piece for tryout.
Steve