a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

The marina down the road has a CP-19 for sale

Started by DanN, July 05, 2006, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanN

Dunno if anyone is looking, but Fernald's marina in Rowley, MA has a CP-19 for sale.   (They're kind of the local Com-Pac dealers.)    I looked at this particular boat last year (but not too closely because when I popped open one of the storage doors in the seat there was a large hornet's nest there).       My impression was that the boat was OK but hadn't been sailed in a while and needed a fair bit of work.   Aesthetically, it looked kind of beat.  They're asking $5800 for it.     

I ended up going for a 1996 16-footer that they were also selling, figuring (incorrectly as it turns out) that that boat wouldn't need much work.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it just in case someone in the area is looking.

mikeg

Dan,

I saw one point in your post that I completely can comiserate with. I'm very, very pleased with my new purchase, a 1987 Compac 19. But I'm finding tons of tweeks that need to be made to her to 'make her mine'. Not that she "needs alot of work", she's in great shape- and at a good price- $4,500.
But I'm doing hundreds of dollars in tweeks (West Marine loves to see me coming) to her-- to get her just the way I want her. So I definitely hear you on new boats that "need work".

It's funny- my previous boat -a Hunter 170 daysailer- was pretty much turn-key. Nothing to be tweeked because it wasn't nearly as much boat per foot. I went up only 2 feet in LOA and 1500 extra pounds of boat compared to the lightweight dayboat and the do-list expanded exponentially. It's all so much fun though- tweeking the boat to just the way you want her. And of course she sails like a dream!

Best,
Mike G.