a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for CP 25

Started by Restharrow, October 14, 2013, 08:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restharrow

I'm thinking of upgrading from my CP 23 to a CP 25.  Anyone know of any for sale?
Thanks
Steve S.
Vermont
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

Bob23

No I don't. I don't think they made too many of them although they pack alot of boat into a small package. Trailerable with standing headroom...who can ask for more?
Welcome...tell us about yourself and your 23.
Bob23 and "Koinonia" 1985 23/2 in NJ

Restharrow

I sailed a CP 19 for a couple years before jumping to the CP 23 I now own.  We, my wife and I, moor and sail on Lake Champlain, but have trailered to Maine many summers to sail the Maine Coast from Saco Bay to Bar Harbor.  We've sailed Penobscot Bay extensively and love it.  The 23 is ideal, but we're thinking now with grandkids and all a 25 might be better.
Steve
Licensed CG Six Pac Captain
CP 25

carry-on

The CP 25 seems to be a rare boat. You might try posting a"boat wanted" on sailingtexas.com.
I know we love the ComPac boats, but you may want to look at the Seaward/Hake 25. Nice boats; some design similarities with the CP. There are a couple Seaward 25's shown on sailboatlistings.com.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

TedW

Steve,
Good luck with your search. You've probably seen the two on Yachtworld...kind of far from Vermont. There were a couple around the Great Lakes this summer. We bought ours last fall and have sailed only one season. They are beautiful boats. The extra room is really nice. IMHO...stick with a Com-Pac. You can't go wrong. If you can't find one, keep the 23.
Ted.

jthatcher

Hi Steve,   I can't help with info on a 25, but i would love to hear about your experiences on Champlain and  Casco Bay..  one way or another, i am going to bring my 23 up to the Maine coast..   I can't wait to sail up there..    How nice it will be to simply sail into Rockland Harbor  or Camden  and not worry about running  an inlet to get into or out of  Barnegat Bay!    Good luck with your search.   JT

cfelle2

The Watkins 25 is the boat that the CP 25 is based on (Both made from the same mold).  If you are willing to consider the Watkins then you will have more options.  Here is one for sale in Chicago.  I looked at it last summer and thought it was a nice looking boat in good condition.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2612767&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=sailboatsales&&ywo=sailboatsales&

Chris

Palasaides

Quote from: Restharrow on October 14, 2013, 08:58:31 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading from my CP 23 to a CP 25.  Anyone know of any for sale?
Thanks
Steve S.
Vermont

I have a ComPac 25 and trailer that I may sell that you possibly may be interested in.  I can provide a multitude of photos of my sailboat through my Photobucket link.  Too many upgrades or options to list.  Fair price.  Ready to sail. 

I can be contacted at Palasaides@gmail.com

Restharrow

:) I found our new boat!!!  CP 25 I'll be taking delivery later this spring.
Now our CP 23 is for sale.  See it on Sailboatlistings.com
CP 25

Mattlikesbikes

My buddy Jimmy might be interested in your 23 .  I just sent him the link to your listing of sailboatlistings.com. He will probably give you a call in the next few days We are right outside Philadelphia PA less the 400 miles away which is not all that bad

moonlight

Where'd you find your 25?  We can't wait to hear the details and see pictures and specs

Dutch Roll

Quote from: Restharrow on October 14, 2013, 08:58:31 AM
Thanks
Steve S.
Vermont

Dutch Roll

I have a CP 25. I just had some heath issues come up. We are debating in selling her . Its a great boat. Its a 1996 model with a 12 hp westerbeak diesel. with wheel steering. and no trailer. What is it worth.