a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

adding reefing clingles

Started by cp19o73, August 18, 2006, 04:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cp19o73

HI all, I was wondering if anyone has added reefing grommits to there main sail? I have a 1982 cp-19 with
no reefing points and would like to be able to reef with
out having to roll the sail. Any hints or advise would be
helpfull.

mgoller

When I had my new North Sails made I had reefing points added so I would have the option to reef that way.  There are 4 SS grommets that I have 12" of line tied through.  For some reason I prefer to reef that way.  I don't know if you could add those grommets but if you do they lie in a line between the grommets along luff and leach designed for reefing.

mgoller

Ooops!  There are three grommets between luff and leach not four.  They are reinforced with circular patches.  You may want to get these added next time you get sails.  It may look bad if you try it yourself.

steve brown

Marcus, Sail Care, who cleaned my sails are very familar with Com-pac boats and sails. They have the patterns for all the boats, they claim. I would guess they could fix you up with reefing points. Some thing to get done during the Winter maybe . Ask for Jerry. I added jiffy reefing to my boat but have not had to use it yet. Thanks for the good advice on backing the boat. Regards, Steve