a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Plastic Dinghy Update

Started by capt_nemo, February 05, 2013, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_nemo

Previously made Coroplast Dinghy (earlier Post) was recently "finished". Made of lightweight 4mm corrugated plastic and FOLDABLE, it is an ideal dinghy for my Sun Cat.

Unassembled components.

Assembled boat.

Bow cleat close-up.

View from behind shows "wedge " shape of hull.

Bow & Stern cleats also used to secure folded boat for storage and transport.

Low profile of folded boat with 6" ruler as reference. (2' X 4' 1/4 " plywood floor remains in place when folded.)

Ready for launch with folding seat in place.

Seatrial in pond behind my Florida Home.

Bob23

Ingenious, Capt:
   If I make it down in March, may I go for a sea trial? Looks like you paddle instead of row. Good choice...no need for rowlocks.
Bob23

capt_nemo

Bob23,

Depending on WHEN in March, think we would be more comfortable in "Frisky" for a seatrial!

Keep me posted.

capt_nemo

Bob23

That would be GREAT Capt.! I'll stay in touch about the trip. Unknown forces are attempting to conspire against me but I'll not be defeated! Looks like tentatively around 3/11 thru 3/23. + or -
Bob23

capt_nemo

Have lots of "open" windows of opportunity between 3/12 and 3/22, provided you can convince the powers above to waive my $1000 annual renewal fee. Could use a break while waiting for the economy to bounce back, and after all, sail'in stuff ain't gittin any cheaper!

capt_nemo

Billy

Looks great Captain!
But I was hoping Bob was gonna sailing with me in March :'(
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Bob23

Actually, I'd like to meet and sail with both of you guys. Billy- your'e not far from the Compac factory if I remember correctly. Part of my plan is to stop and visit the Hutchins and say howdy. Sort of a mecca for us Compac-o-nauts.
Bob23
Capt:  Your fee is hereby waived.

Billy

Bob I understand if time does not allow. If that is the case, I would be honored to simply have lunch with you if you make it up this way.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-