Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Horizon Cat with tiller and indoor plumbing

Started by Rahn, January 15, 2013, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahn

shamblin

interesting.  it might not be hard to change the wheel to a tiller and at first i thought about it.  but now i like the wheel and wouldnt want to give it up.  it requires opposite reflexes (unless you streer holding the bottom of the wheel)  compared to a tiller. 

Billy

Looks like that boat is all the way down under.....
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

brackish

One of the advantages of the tiller is obvious in the first picture.  The cost of adding autopilot to a wheel is much more.

Rahn

How is your sport pilot working out? They are now close to $2000, an amount I am unwilling to spend. Since I usually single-hand and am contemplating longer cruises, an autohelm would be beneficial. While I have gotten used to the wheel, I still prefer a tiller and I think it would take up less cockpit room - at least at anchor.

I am curious as to where they installed the holding tank. I would guess on the port side. I also wonder if it was do e at the factory.

brackish

Sport pilot?

Holding tank?  Tasmania.  Not sure there is a holding tank.

Bob23

I'm a tiller guy but I have to admit I love the wheel detail that is used on the Horizon Cats. A very proper and traditional detail. And in Catboats, what's more important that traditional details?
Bob23

Rahn

Sorry Brackish. I got you confused with Bremer Speck who installed a raymarine sportpilot autohelm on his Horizon Cat.

a big  ;D for the Tasmanian holding tank comment.