a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Anyone having trouble with Photobucket?

Started by brackish, November 18, 2012, 08:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

Been out of the country haven't gone to my account in two months, tried yesterday and the look has changed, all my pics and albums are gone and it won't let me upload.  When I hit the help button, nothing happens, when I hit a line that says "return to the original Photobucket" nothing happens. 

Greene

PB recently installed an upgraded version with a totally new look and format.  I chose to revert to the old version as the new one just had too many bugs in it yet.  The site still seems to operate ok in the old format.  I just checked it a few minutes ago. 

Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Eagleye

I had the same experience with PB.  It would lock up the web page.  There is a link that lets you revert to the old version which still works fine...except for all the ads.    ::)

Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

brackish

Unfortunately, that link back to the old does not work on mine, nor does the help button, so no way to contact them.  I'm ready to move on.  Anyone using anything other than PB for image hosting?

brackish

Went back to look at old post that had pictures and they are still there so that means they are on the site, I just can't get to them, right?  Maybe I'll give it a day or two to see if it comes back.

brackish

Well, works with Foxfire, but not with IE.  Who knows about these things.....

ribbed_rotting_rusting

I also have had trouble.i EVEN WENT SO FAR AS TO CREAT NEW ACCOUNT, which really dumped me in the brown with new PB software.I did switch back to old interface. What I have found that works is to look at some one Else's pictures, say Mr Greene's, and then sign in from there.It is no doubt a ridiculous back door way if getting to your account. I know I would withhold any more payments to who ever designed the new interface, but I also know that is a bug that will be fixed.When you look at PB revenue stream it is hard to figure out how they even make a profit. I know it is obnoxious now, but you might look at giving them a break and a little more time to get it right. Just a thought.  MJC

MacGyver

The different browsers do different things, work differently.
I use CHROME. Worked good for me and signed right in.

Their revenue stream is all ads, that is how they support it all. ad clicks earns money, and even sight.

through the browsers they attenuate what you look at then make the ads based on what you do.

A week ago I looked at generators and ended up buying one..... for a few days all the ads were about generators.... LOL

My wife knew I used her computer...... LOL

Anyway, CHROME is working well with it. Maybe it is a FLASH issue, be sure it is up to date, etc.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

ribbed_rotting_rusting

Actually for a time thought it might be a flash update in IE9 that caused it, but unfortunately when I un -installed flash 11.2 it still happened. My kids have sworn by MAC for years. I am stuck with microsoft because 98% of the commercial software I deal with uses it. My oldest son found this out after graduating, when he began day trading on his own. Every thing is microsoft.( If he is one of the 1%, I and my bank account have not seen proof of it) MJC

Eagleye

I initially was able to switch back to the original version and was curious why some could not so I switched back to the beta to see if I could figure it out.  ( duh.... If it an't broke DON'T BREAK IT TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIX IT!)  I couldn't get it to go back !!! >:( ??? ::)

2 hours later I came up with this from the PB help site:

Photobucket will function correctly in the browsers listed below. Meaning, Photobucket develops for and tests with the following browsers:

•Chrome (Note that Chrome updates automatically, and often in the background, which can cause occasional problems with the Photobucket site).
•Firefox 3.6 or later
•Safari 5.0 or later

•Internet Explorer 8.0+ (make sure you have Compatibility View disabled in you IE Tool settings)

Photobucket will NOT function correctly in Internet Explorer 7 or below, sorry.

So having IE 8.0, once I disabled the Compatibility View settings the "return to the original version" link worked.
I hope this helps.
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

ribbed_rotting_rusting

ribbed_rotting_rusting

Read the instructions if all else fails, got find that book and hit myself up along side my head with it. Reading it sure doesn't seem to help. MJC

skip1930

Photobucket...the old way worked very well and after a few years I actually could figure it out.

Now the S.O.B.s some how got hooked up with facebook and the whole thing is screwed up. I can't figure it out nor can I make it do photo editing anymore. Like twisting the photo so it's up right.

With the facebook there are all these stupid ads on Photobucket that I can't figure out how to get rid of and it takes FOREVER to load...basically it sucks.

Every once in a while I see something to click on that gets me back to the old way. And that old way works great.

If I screw around with this long enough I'll probably loose every photograph I ever posted to Com-Pac yacht Owners Association leaving nothing but boxes with red X's in them.

skip.