News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Interest in Expanded Sun Cat Nationals Schedule?

Started by capt_nemo, October 18, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_nemo

Ahoy Sun Catters,

I was just thinking about the Nationals and how we might be able to achieve more leisure sailing time together AND spend more time together socializing WITH OUR BOATS AT CLOSE HAND.

It would require arriving during the day on THURSDAY Nov 1, launching at Laishley Marina Ramp (24 hour ramp w/parking), meeting up for an early evening raft-up for SOCIALIZING on nearby Edgewater Lake, and spending the night on Edgewater Lake (360* protection) with SEPARATE anchors.

OR

Early launch at the marina on FRIDAY morning, Nov 2, and join the rest of the Overnight Fleet for the day's activities.

If there is interest I can provide a timetable for Thursday Nov 1 AND Friday Nov 2 leading up to the Annual Reception Social, Friday evening at the country home of the HJTIC, Tom Ray.

Don't know about you other Sun Catters but I'm making sure I have sufficient Fenders and lines for the raft-up and comfortable sleeping gear aboard. Hope I'm not the only one on the Lake Thursday evening!

capt_nemo

M3

Hello.. Where is the lake located that you mentioned??  Also, is there a flyer with the activities?? And the location of the pre-race meetings??
Mary in Bokeelia..
P.S. ~ are you available for a day instructions on my suncat?? Will pay time and travel -

M3

Hi Tom Ray ~ How can i get the particulars on the Suncat nationals on Pt. Charlotte?? Live in Bokeelia
Thanks, Mary

capt_nemo

Mary,

For the pre-race meeting and Nationals info you can visit www.suncatnationals.com.

For Edgewater Lake location (http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catboat/index.cgi/read/47927), details, and activities prior to Friday night social kickoff of Nationals call me at 941.625.4764. I talk faster than I can type.

And, YES, I would be happy to provide a day of instruction on your Sun Cat. Bokeelia is not that far, and would be a nice ride on my HONDA VTX 1300 Motorcycle.

capt_nemo

Tom Ray

Sorry I have not checked in here in a few days, but thanks Don for filling Mary in with the website.

Mary, you could learn a lot from Don, but as I said in the other thread, you're already good enough to qualify for the Sun Cat Nationals! ;)