Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

#23 Buffed, Waxed, and Put Away for the Week

Started by Vectordirector, August 27, 2012, 12:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectordirector

My detailer finished up on Friday afternoon.  Here is the result of his work:

Took him about 8 hours to buff the boat, vacuum and scrub the interior and shine the metal.  As he was wiping down the waterline, his rag started turning black.  He realized that he was taking off the bottom paint but leaving the epoxy barrier coat untouched.  I told him to remove what he could and you see the result.  I figured it would have to be sanded ($$$) off, but he got all but the keel, which he couldn't reach on the trailer.  I'm very pleased at the result. The cabin looks like new, I don't think the previous owners spent much time inside her. 

Saturday was to be a driveway sail day, but the admiral intervened and chores had to be done.  The forcast for today didn't look promising so we buttoned her up last night and trailered her to the inside storage space about 10 miles west of the house. Rained all day today as forecast so I lost the whole weekend.   If the weather holds as forecast, I'll pick her up on Friday afternoon, driveway sail her, go over the remaining items that need checking/buying and take her up to Lake Delavan, WI on Saturday morning for a shakedown cruise.  I'll probably motor around a bit and get the feel of that before I put the sails up and let her rip.  We still haven't come up with a name, but are narrowing it down.  The journey continues. 

Vectordirector

2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Glenn Basore

Very nice..........

I just recently bought so smaller pads for my Porter Cable Polisher to use on the top side of the boat. It worked well on the hull but the pad 5.5 inches was to large for the cabin sides so i bought the smaller size 3 inch pad to take care of it.

I'm going to detail my boat out next week weather permitting.

Glenn

kickingbug1

extremely nice----damned things sure are pretty    im green with envy
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"