Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Trailer jack

Started by Glenn Basore, August 27, 2012, 04:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

Hi all,

After having the salt water go through two of the Fulton jacks over the years, I had to buy another. I was really reluctant to buy another Fulton but I did.

This one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FP0A82/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_dp_1 is really nice and at $79.00 it was worth trying.

It's really heavy duty (rated at 1600 lbs) with an 8 inch wheel and rated for salt water exposure with a 5 year warranty.

Glenn

skip1930

Better keep EVERYTHING that moves greased and oiled up.

I 'painted' the trailer spring paks on my trailer with a brush and a pound+ of grease gun 'gizzem', and I'm in fresh water.
And use that Zerk fitting to pump lube into the rack and pinion assembly when ever the trailer is pressed into service and long time storage.

Oil makes the world go round. And if we ever come up with a oil alternative, there will still be oil in the ground to be had.

skip.

wes

Glenn - thanks for the link; that's a cool product and I wish I'd known about it before I bought (another) regular size Fulton jack. I seem to go through them at the rate of one every two years or so. Skip, I'd love to lube my jack, but can't figure out how to get the grease to the crank mechanism, which seems to be sealed inside the outer tube somehow.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Glenn Basore

Wes,

My old jack and this one both have Zerk's to lube. The big difference between my old jack and this one is the quality of material used. much heavier gauge tube, wheel, handle and being rated for salt water.

I just have to wait and see how it holds up.

Glenn