a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Personalized Boat Logos

Started by Tadpole, July 16, 2012, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadpole

I'm looking for a source to print a couple of personalized boat logos (basically my avatar), in sizes suitable for mounting on the rear quarters of a C-16.  I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything when I did a forum search.

Any recommendations for good companies to work with?  Any specifications for the type of base material and printing?  Also, approximate cost?

All comments welcome....Thanks,

Tadpole

fawsr

One I remember is Boat us or similar ... google boat decals or vinyl graphics. I found several sights that will take your logo or help you design one ...

Tim Gardner

Any sign shop can print one on vinyl for you, and inexpensively.  The artwork if you are not creative can get pricey.

tg
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

MacGyver

I used to do graphics as a side business, I now have a friend who bought me out when I got shocked by lightning and was all messed up.
He now does printing and all that, and is a guy who upholds the same standards as I did, which not bragging, was extremely high. I actually was in business for 10 years and never saw a customer for the same job, they always had new stuff for me to do because of how long it lasted.

Actually, I am going to have my friend print mine if I ever get my butt over there to talk with him about it......
Are you in Illinois area?

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Tadpole

Thanks for the comments.  I have to admit that I've never even named any of my boats, let alone put a logo on them.  However, the C-16 is so darned cute I think she deserves some special recognition.  I'm going to a local print shop tomorrow with a sample of the artwork and see what they will charge me.  Still don't have a boat, but I'll be ready when I get one.

BTW Mac, I'm in Eastern Oklahoma.

Tadpole

Tadpole

Just got back from our local Staples store.  They will do two vinyl logos (up to 18"x18"), trimmed to within 1/4" of the image, for $34.99.  They can work from a .pdf file, which I can produce.  I had no idea about the technology or the cost....now I know.  Thanks Tim for the heads-up.  

Tadpole

Bob23

Well, Tadpole, you got a logo now you gots to get you a boat! No time like the present!
bob23

Tadpole

Bob23... If I'd have been born rich instead of handsome, buying the boat wouldn't be a problem.

OK, so I lied about the handsome part, ...but I am getting closer to getting my boat.  Besides, I frequently do things bass ackwards.

Tadpole

Tim Gardner

Glad to help with my $0.02.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

I guess, Tadpole, that you are just the ultimate planner.
bob23

kickingbug1

jason, does your friend do magnetic door signs for vehicles? im thinking my 52 would make a good "rolling billboard"
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

MacGyver

I am sure he would. If he was unable to get the magnets then I know I could. I have the names of plenty of the suppliers I had, and a few  were out of state, so no tax, and no need for the tax ID number anymore.

It is Crippen Automotive in Beckemeyer Illinois.
618-304-1981

Tell Bob (Owner) that I sent you too him, he is a great guy, see what he can do for ya.

Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.