a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

summer maintenance

Started by cavie, June 30, 2012, 09:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavie

Since I had the boom gallows off for refinish, I decided it was time to find out why the stern light didn't work. 2 1/2 years on the list is long enough.

I determend that there was a color change in the wire leaving the battery and the wire at the stern light??. I followed the wire back thru the starboard cockpit locker then lost it. The joint was at the base of the boom gallows. Access to this area requires removial of what I will call the tiller tunnel.

Another Suncat non-sealing joint. Remove about a dozen scres and pull 'er out. I found the wires were intentionally cut in 1/2!!!!!!!. Someone had been in here before because I found two different types of failed sealer holding the tunnel in. Why would any AH deliberatly cut the wire 6" away from the splice and not fix it!!!!!!Lights are working now.

Sunbrella moreing cover will be in next week and I can remove the companionway boards and hatch slides for refinish.

capt_nemo

Are ya hav'in fun yet?

Next to actually sailing, working on boats runs a very close second for me!

capt_nemo

cavie

I would love it if I could get out of the Sun!!!! I grew up here in the land of sunshine and I'm tired of it.!!!! Ok, I'm getting old. I want to escape to New Hampshire for four months in the summer.