a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

galley option

Started by MacGyver, July 26, 2012, 12:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I have searched the forum already. Found a few good pictures but not of what i need as far as details.

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of what this optional galley looks like?
How it routes to empty into the bilge, etc?

I am designing one but want to stick close to original design and such.
Thanks
Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

crazycarl

jason,

check the sailing texas site in the photos section.  i'm sure you'll find something there.  as to where it drains....?

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Salty19

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

MacGyver

Thanks guys. Ill look at them once im home on the computer.
I know they supposedly drain into the bilge but dont see how it will be unoticed as it seems in some pictures.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Keith

I've never actually seen this option in person so have no first hand knowledge of how the Hutchins' did it , but if I were installing such a drain, I would route it into the v-berth, then under the settee (pick a side), and then back out of the settee under the steps and into the bilge.  This would obviously require boring some holes through the wood big enough to snake your hose  ;D.  On the starboard side of my boat some of my my original wiring was run via a similar path.

HTH,

Keith

capt_nemo

MacGyver,

From what I saw in the photo you would be better off designing and building your own Galley Unit.

If you don't really need both side bunks consider building a nice unit to either side, just inside the cabin.

That is what I'm doing on my Sun Cat.

capt_nemo

Tim Gardner

go to the cp-19 section  and click on page 17.  there is a drawing and photo's of Marcus Goller's swing up and down galley .  Disregard the posting instructions, they no longer work.  In fact here's the link to the topic: http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=145.msg474#msg474

Regards, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

skip1930

Here is one from Peanut Butter.

I can't find the sales lit on the CP-19. It has a picture of it.
Note the table on this early factory set-up. [Hold the control key down and tap the + to enlarge photo. Hold and hit - to shrink.]

skip.

Tim Gardner

Here's another pic of the factory galley option.

and another:

And another:

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

wes

My 19 didn't come with one. I must say that the idea of draining the dirty sink water into the bilge, as the factory galley option was designed to do, really grosses me out. If I were retrofitting a galley I would certainly figure out some way to rig a holding tank instead.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Welsh Dragon Forge

That could be why my bilge is no nasty looking.  :P

Greene

Here is a link to the thread on our little galley for the 19.

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=4019.0

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

skip1930

Yea, just remembered, the factory Com-Pac 19 owner's manual has a isometric drawing of the kitchenette, sans dimensions for your enjoyment.

No I can't help you with procurement...it's a copyright thing.

skip.