a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Disappearing Posts

Started by crazycarl, May 13, 2012, 03:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

Why, when I log on and look and the "Show unread posts since last visit",  yet I DO NOT view them for whatever reason, they're gone the next time I log on? 

This doesn't always happen, but usually does when there are more than 6 posts. 

When I return, there are about half the posts still up.

Carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

skip1930

Try just back spacing out of the post.
If you click on them and not read them they are gone.
Of course you can always go to the home page and click on 'View the most recent post'.

skip.

crazycarl

i' not clicking on them at all.

example... this morning i checked the site (show all unread posts) and there were quite a few new posts.
breakfast was ready so i shut down the internet.  after eating, i returned to show all unread posts, but there were only 3 posts.

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

I've had the same problem on occasion, Carl. But I haven't tried very hard to figure it out. Too many other things need my attention but I hope you find a solution.
bob23

MKBLK

Bob23 - Yeah, like getting Koinonia in the water!

Marty K.
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Tim Gardner

Well guys, it's like this:

The link is to show unread posts since LAST VISIT.  If you sign on, look at the posts listed but do not view them, then sign out, unless someone posts to the topic between when you last visited and the next time you log on, they will not be there.  This is because the date and time of the post is earlier than your last log on time.

Clear as mud I'm sure, but logical if you think about it.

Regards, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

You got it, Marty! I'm making progress, albeit slow. She should be in fine shape for the Infamous Barnegat Bay Bash 2012.
bob23