a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Demo Sail on a SunCat

Started by dlane83, February 29, 2012, 02:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlane83

I am traveling in Florida (will be staying at several locations on the west coast during the month of March and into April) and am trying to find a dealership that would take me out on a demo sail on a SunCat.  I have found this is not easy.  One dealer I have contacted so far won't take me out unless the have a signed contract for the purchase of a boat.

So, I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion on how or where I might be able to arrange a test sail or if anyone who lives in the Naples, Fort Myers, Venice, Tampa/St Petersburg area or anywhere else on the west coast of Florida would be interested in showing off their SunCat and going for a sail with a guest crew that is interested in joining the group of people who are SunCat owners?  My wife would be interested as well if there is room.

Since you don't know me from Adam, I would be willing to meet with you first so you could decide whether you would like to take me out or not.  I am retired and my wife and I travel in Florida in a motorhome during the winter and sail on our sailboat in New England during the summer.

Thanks,  DL

capt_nemo

dlane83,

If all else fails, send me a personal message (or e-mail) and I'll see what I can do to help you. I live in Port Charlotte, just south of Venice, right in the area you'll be visiting. And, my Sun Cat "Frisky" just loves to sail!

capt_nemo