a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CLR2011 DVD now available

Started by Salty19, October 26, 2011, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

CLR attendees:  The DVD for this years' event is finally READY!!!!  It's 45 minutes of action packed footage this year, along with a nice TropRock soundtrack. 
Hope to ship them out within a couple of days so long as things don't get too busy.

Pretty sure I have everyone's address EXCEPT sailin69.  Rich, please email me your address!
Doug/Linda...didn't forget about you...will definitely send one along with a 'lil surprise or two.

Admins...shoot me your address via email for your free copy (Bob23, I have yours already).

Sorry, I can't send free DVD's to everyone.  I may consider selling a few if there is interest, and if time allows.  PM or email me if interested and I'll decide based on demand what do to..

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Mike:
   You musta been reading my mind. I was just wondering today why there wasn't much on the forum about the CLR 2011. I figured it was a stellar event but maybe you guys were trying to keep it a secret.
   I'd like a DVD but I'd like to help out with the cost. Just PM me and I'll send you some bucks or an equivilent number of clam shells!
Bob 23...anxiously awaiting.

kickingbug1

mike and becky, cant tell you how much we are looking forward to this years dvd. the last one got me through a long winter reasonably sane, (well you know how i am). anyway i cant wait. and let me just  say  THANK YOU SO MUCH.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Billy

any chance of an upload to youtube?
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Salty19

Doubt it, Billy...the amount of data on the DVD is pushing the 400Gb territory and is formatted as a DVD only.  I can look into it.

Bob...let this be my gift to you.  And when, not if, the admiral and I come to the Jersey shore in the next year or two..you can buy the PBR and to-kill-ya when you take us out on Koinonia.   How's that for a presumptive close :)   

No secrets at CLR, except crazycarl's launch story of course.  I felt bad about talking about it too much...didn't want to rub it in with how much fun we had!!! 

Bob23

Deal! Pabst and New Jersey pizza is on me! Hopefully you really can make it out here sometime. Or maybe I'll sneak out to the CLR 2012. I know, I said that last year, didn't I?
bob23

crazycarl

hey salty!

don't worry about embarrassing me!  i've been doing it for nearly 52 years!

besides, you have to have thick skin to work in a state penitentiary.  i've been called things that would make a sailor blush! 

wait...we're sailors...no offense...

crazycarl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Salty19

Carl-  The visual of a big burly inmate making purty-boy passes as you has me in stitches!!! I can only imagine the stories in the break room.
Err...actually I don't want to imagine that too much!  

BTW there are some really good pics of your boat under sail on the DVD.  Think you're going to like it!!

Bob- Can't wait for the pizza and tour of Barnegat.  Nuthin' like east coast pizza!!!  Thinking about heading to Ocean City or Wildwood for a week or so next summer (maybe a day trip to Rehobeth, just to look around). Have to convince the admiral that not everyone in NJ looks like they do on MTV's "Jersey Shore" or "Jerseylicious".  :)  

kickingbug1

mike, ask carl about the "folding chair"
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"