Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cockpit enclosures

Started by sanman60, November 24, 2004, 09:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanman60

Hi all,

It's time to redo my Bimini, and I was wondering if any one had ideas on full enclosures for the cokpit, for overnighting / bugs/ rain / cold / etc...

I already saw the Cheap plastic tarp method, and while I am cheap enough  to use this method... the Admiral won't stand for it. :roll:

Sooooo.... I'm thinking to go the Bimini and weather-cloth route with panels that velcro between the two...

Any tips, tricks, or experiences would be appreciated!

Gil Weiss

The best tip I can think of is to keep the admiral happy . . .

Happy Thanksgiving

sanman60

Quote from: Gil WeissThe best tip I can think of is to keep the admiral happy . . .

Happy Thanksgiving

Roger that! :lol:

and the same to you Capt.

Craig Weis

An enclousure....? Well tough to do, one dewy and damp misty late afternoon I saw a Pacific Seacraft come into Sturgeon Bay and tie up at Stone Harbor resort for a few hours while the crew and captin walked a few short blocks up town for some goodies.

The little ship had vertical panels that snapped to the outside of the cockpit combing at the bottom and than these panels went up and over the life lines and snapped in place. The canvas material was a wonderful sea scape in blues and greens with star fish and other 'salty' looking creatures.

From over the boom they snapped a [in harbor or at anchor only] matching canvas that came down and velcroed over the outside~top edge of the lifeline panels. Great for parking at night. No wind, no rain, no cold, no fresh air. Plenty of shade. Open a side panel for air.

A guy could do this on a '19' however the vertical panels would need to be raised and supported to almost bottom of boom height, just to make a little room to move around under. What do you think? skip.